As a club admin, you have control over the club database where you can find all of your members' important information. You can decide whether to share the database with the club's coaches, or not.
Enter your members's info and determine:
- The visible columns
- The people within the team who can see the info
- The members who can edit information that has been entered by a club admin
- Standard and personalized columns
- Creating new personalized columns
- Managing existing columns linked to the members profile
Standard and personalized columns
You can keep track of your club members in the member database page, accessible from your club account. This is where you'll be able to:
- Enter all the information you need
- Edit your members' info
- Share info with coaches
There are 2 types of columns:
- Standard columns that can't be removed
This includes standard information of each member such as first name and surname, date of birth, teams, parents, contact info... These columns are created by SportEasy and can't be removed.
By default, they will be shown and accessible to all team members.
For the standard columns (apart from name, surname and teams), you can edit the visibility settings so the team doesn't have other players information. You can also decide who can edit these columns.
- Personalized columns
Personalized columns are all the ones you can add into the database, depending on the information who need from your members. They're not created by default, by SportEasy. You need to manually add them.
For example: dietary specifications, driving licence, membership up-to-date, jersey size...
By default, they aren't visible by everyone, only by club admins. But you can also edit this setting and choose to allow team members to see and edit this info.
Creating new personalized columns
You can edit and create new columns from the Data page or Access page.
You must then:
- Name the column
- Assign a category: identity, sport related info, etc...
- Assign a field type: text, multiple choice, checked box, etc...
- Add a description: to give your members some context
- Edit the visibility settings: select who can see the info or not (certain teams, all teams, the players of the team or only the coaches...)
- Choose who can edit the info in the column: the coach, the player for himself, everyone...?
Managing existing columns linked to the members profile
From your member database, click on to manage your members information.
From the Access page once on the columns edition page, you can manage who can access and edit these personalized columns.
- Adding a column to a team: you can select the team(s) to whom you want to assign the column. It's possible to make the column appear only for one team, but at club level, so no one in the team will actually see it.
Making the content of the column visible: within the team, who can see the information in the personalized column?
- All team members: all members will see everyone's info
- Only team coaches: only club admins and coaches will see the info
- Only club admins: only club admins will see the info
Selecting who can edit the information in the column: who can edit the information entered by the club admin?
- The member for himself: a player or their parent can change their information but not the info of others
- Team coaches: only club admins and coaches will be able to edit the info
- Only the club admins: only club admins will be able to edit the info
If a coach edits information in one of the personalized columns, it will be edited in the club database and every other database for other teams that the member is part of.
- John is Lewis' coach for the U12 team. Lewis is a player in the U12 team and an occasional player in the U13 team.
- The club admin has entered 140cm for his hight.
- John, his coach, changes this to 143cm in his team's database.
- The info will be changed in the club database, the U12 team, the U13 team and in Lewis' profile.
🥸 For more info
- Add/invite new members (players, coaches, parents ...) to join your team
- Personal information privacy
- Import /Export an excel file: calendar, roster, stats ...