The 5 sports roles
There are 5 roles on SportEasy:
- Coach : has the right to manage the team (add / delete players, create / edit events, invite players to a match, make team compositions, input scores and stats ...); The only right that a coach doesn't have are those reserved for the administrators (modify the data of the team, change SportEasy offer or remove the team).
- Player : can be invited and given availability for events; Has individual stats (goals, tries, number of points ...)
- Player-coach : has the rights of the Coach and the rights of the Player
- Casual player : is not part of your main team, but can be invited when you miss players; For example, you can activate the automatic calling of all your "players" before each match, and manually select among your "casual players" in case you are missing participants
- Friend : only has the rights described in the paragraph below, which describes what all members of a team can do; A "friend" can be a fan, a former player...
All team members can view team calendar, game sheets, statistics and post messages on match forums and other threads.
The ratings and the votes are configurable: they can be reserved for the coaches, open to all the participants of an event, or totally deactivated.
The administrators ("admin") have all the rights, including the following ones that they alone have:
- Modify the data of the team (name, colors, logo, age category ...)
- Change the SportEasy offer from the team (free version, premium version)
- Remove team
The person who created the team on SportEasy is automatically the administrator. From 'Members > list of members' (via the editing of the members or profile table of a given member), an administrator can make any other member of the team an admin, who will then have the same Rights. There is no limit to the number of admins in a team, but there is always at least one admin in a team on SportEasy.
Seasonal and team roles
A player may become a casual player or a player-coach the following season, depending on the circumstances. That is why the roles of members can change from season to season. When a team is renewed the following season, the roles of the previous season are retained, but you can change them later:
- From "Members" > "List of members" by selecting the season concerned or
- From "Settings (sprocket to the right) > Manage seasons > List of members" to have the multi-seasons vision of your members.
If you are a member of several teams on SportEasy, your role obviously depends on the team (you can be coach of a team of young people and player of an adult team, for example).
Parent / child management
If you use SportEasy as a parent of a child playing in a team, you have the rights of the "player" which is that of your child, in the sense that you can respond to an invitation on his behalf for example. For more details on parent / child management, please see the dedicated article.